Welcome to our very casual, eclectic and rather hit-or-miss updates. We are trying to mostly document the exciting adventures of our lives as natural-minded, educated, broke, living abroad, first-time parents that try our best to follow the way of Jesus. We also know that pretty much the only readers we have, are really just visiting the blog to see pics of their grand baby. So, I'll do my best to keep those updates coming!

- Cristina


Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Update

Familia,

It has been almost 2 months since I last updated this!!!! Yikes...I really will try not to let it go this long before I give an update again.

Christmas vacation was long and we were able to fly to Northern California and spend time with family and just relax. I had a lot of fun helping my Mom in the kitchen and trying out my "chef skills" by plating different dishes for her catering events.

It felt good to return to Michigan...but not quite like home yet. I mean it feels like home when I walk into our apartment, but we are still lacking friends and missing family.

Speaking of friends, you will be happy to know that I connected with a gal I met one of the first weeks we were here. David and I attended a welcome party for the History grad students way back in August and met a really nice couple. The wife is in the History program and her husband is in the Philosophy grad program. Well, since that one encounter with a potential friend, I have been asking David about her and asking him to get her e-mail address. He finally asked her for it and I emailed her right away ( I wasn't going to be shy or play it cool) and we met for lunch. It was so good to have a conversation with a fellow wife, believer and peer! While we were meeting, she told me about another couple that had recently moved here for the husband's grad program and were lonely as well. So, naturally I said "we all need to get together and meet each other". So the 3 wives are going to hang out and get to know each other better. We are meeting at the coffee place nearby our apartment, because as it turns out, the coffee place is within walking distance of each one of their homes as well!

Lastly I want to tell you that God really poured out blessings in December. This December I had the highest amount of giving I have ever seen in a single month! It was incredible...the Lord is so faithful. I am now closer to being fully funded than I have ever been. I am praying that God continues to bless all of you that give sacrificially to us and to the work of the gospel on the University campus. I am praying that although we are fast approaching some tough economic times, that the Lord continues to bless you for your faithfulness.

Thanks for reading and thanks for caring!
All my love,
Cristina

2 comments:

LAQuilts said...

hi cristina... i am so glad so see you writing again and good to hear about meeting new friends. take care and keep up the blog i love you! loisann

Anonymous said...

yes, I can finally leave a message- thanks for updating us all on what you and David have been up to- like I said, my kind of blog; faith, friends, and food- add in flowers and it's perfect!!! hope you two have a great weekened- love you lots and miss you a ton!!
alwase, mom xoxoxoxo