Welcome to our very casual, eclectic and rather hit-or-miss updates. We are trying to mostly document the exciting adventures of our lives as natural-minded, educated, broke, living abroad, first-time parents that try our best to follow the way of Jesus. We also know that pretty much the only readers we have, are really just visiting the blog to see pics of their grand baby. So, I'll do my best to keep those updates coming!

- Cristina


Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Almost Vacation Time!!!!

Hey guys,
An update. I have been plugging away at a seemingly never ending to-do list...and....I am ALMOST done! I have been using my 2 week vacation as the carrot dangling in front of me to keep me on my toes and moving forward. I wanted to share and actually type out a few of the biggies I accomplished...This post may be more for me...I just love scrolling through the list of giants and thanking God for all he has helped me to accomplish.

1) Finishing the school year well...meeting with students...about 30+ one on one, getting evals out, providing training, vision casting, trying to set them up well for the summer and for the next year...recruiting for camp, conducting leadership interviews, etc, etc

2) Prepping for 2 weeks solid of teaching, including content, materials, printouts, snacks, the works

3) Surviving 2 weeks of camp...one of which I was housed with students, had to be the "night nark" ( the one that tries to enforce lights out by 12:45am) So pretty much me and the pregnant body were off to bed by 1:30 am and up again by 7am...exhausting!!!!!!!!!!Don't feel too bad for me...I made up for it in food!

4) InterVarsity's annual report info- Long and tedious...but we got to report 120 students involved, 80 in bible studies, lots of international students and about 10 decisions made to follow Jesus- My job is awesome!

5) Ministry Review & Proposal- I had to review my entire plan for the 08-09 year and keep a running commentary of what I accomplished, what I still need to work on...I completed all the ministry tasks/goals with flying colors, but my personal enrichment is still suffering...I still need to find a mentor, take a retreat day and work on my "quiet time"...

For the proposal I basically submitted what would be an ideal job for myself working with InterVarsity...time with my current chapter, working more on team development and leadership training, partnering with the ministry to artists on campus by opening our home, making food and practicing radical hospitality to artists & international students. I'll let you know how this all pans out....

6) Checking and answering about 100 e-mails!

7) Cleaning entire house....our landlord wanted to take pictures of our apartment to advertise his property, so we agreed and EVERYTHING got cleaned!

8) Filing all the bills and organizing my desk...not even one piece of paper left without a home

9) Filling out 3 months worth of reimbursements...I really stink at this...in fact, I have been stuck in a habitual state of losing money to InterVarsity cause I so often neglect to file these.

10) Newsletter! I am not sure why this is such a difficult one for me....I love creating the newsletter, but I hate printing off labels, troubleshooting the printer when it fails, having to go out and buy more ink, dealing with things getting jammed, mysteriously disappearing addresses, assembling them, running out of stamps, running out of envelopes, running out of inserts, etc, etc....I really stink at administrative type stuff....and it shows every time I try to get one of these out. Aghh...thank God I am done with this for now...

Now just a few more little things to get done and we will be on our way...

Look for pictures of the belly to come soon...we FINALLY ordered a battery charger for the camera and we will have our camera up and running in a few days! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Shellita said...

Awww, I'm proud of the list of stuff you accomplished...including the administrative stuff. : ) Way to go C!

Unknown said...

Way to Go Cristina! Looking forward to seeing belly pictures! Hope you are still feeling well. What are you learning to sew? It was nice to get your letter!