Welcome to our very casual, eclectic and rather hit-or-miss updates. We are trying to mostly document the exciting adventures of our lives as natural-minded, educated, broke, living abroad, first-time parents that try our best to follow the way of Jesus. We also know that pretty much the only readers we have, are really just visiting the blog to see pics of their grand baby. So, I'll do my best to keep those updates coming!

- Cristina


Sunday, February 14, 2010

We found teeth!!

Today in church David and I pried open Amalia's mouth and held back her curious little tongue to discover two little white buds peeking through! Won't be long now before she has some teeth....How long does this take for them to really break through (ouch) the surface???? Isn't it strange that teeth have to tear through flesh to emerge anyway?! I think so! If I can get another clear shot, I'll post some pics

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The mandibluar (lower) central incisors generally come in around 6.5 months. The Mn lateral incisors should be coming in soon, followed by the maxillary (upper) centrals and laterals in about 1 and 1.5 months, respectively. Her first molars will come in around one year or a little later. There is quite a bit of variation in eruption, though.

It's nice to be able to get some use out of my dental training ;) I don't find my classes the most exhilarating, but they aren't intolerable. I'm choosing to get the most from them.

I hope you and Dave are well, and I wish Amalia an easy teething!

Cristina said...

Eric!!!! Thank you for your comments!!! I wish teething wasn't such a painful process for her. So still going ahead with the dental training huh?? We miss you guys so much!