Welcome to our very casual, eclectic and rather hit-or-miss updates. We are trying to mostly document the exciting adventures of our lives as natural-minded, educated, broke, living abroad, first-time parents that try our best to follow the way of Jesus. We also know that pretty much the only readers we have, are really just visiting the blog to see pics of their grand baby. So, I'll do my best to keep those updates coming!

- Cristina


Saturday, August 7, 2010

10th month update continued

I wanted to quick record all the fun things Amalia did during the last week of her 10th month.

Also let me just say a big THANK YOU to all of my dear friends and family that assured me way back in month 4 and 6 that I would get through the sleepless nights and seemingly endless colic...life has gotten so much better with somewhat regular sleep and a happy, rather pleasant baby! Thanks for your prayers and encouraging words!

So to finish off the 10th month:

* Amalia goes everywhere...changing between crawling and army crawling (depending on what she is wearing) she can overcome any obstacle...

* She pulls herself up onto everything...chairs, the wall, the drawers, the windows...you name it.

* Has taken a step between furniture

* Says "Mama" now...calls for me in the morning

* and to top it all off I was washing 2 dishes in the sink with Amalia playing in the room next to me when I quickly looked around for her to check on her and didn't see her...my heart sank as I ran into the other room and discovered that she was pulling herself up onto the fourth step! So she is officially everywhere

Bring on her first birthday!!!

1 comment:

mom said...

Bring on her first birthday is right!! She's gonna be the belle of the ball!! We miss her sooooo much...and you and David too!! Counting the days already!!
alwase