Welcome to our very casual, eclectic and rather hit-or-miss updates. We are trying to mostly document the exciting adventures of our lives as natural-minded, educated, broke, living abroad, first-time parents that try our best to follow the way of Jesus. We also know that pretty much the only readers we have, are really just visiting the blog to see pics of their grand baby. So, I'll do my best to keep those updates coming!

- Cristina


Thursday, August 7, 2008

We are here!!!!

We made it to Michigan! As promised, I took pics of our place before we moved in and I have been taking pictures of the town. We Still don't have internet up at our apartment yet, so I haven't been able to upload pics... I am writing from a coffee shop that is a block from us and wouldn't you know it, I forgot my cord to transfer my pics onto my computer...Lame! Pictures will be coming soon. Thank for your prayers. Here's a quick overview of our likes and dislikes so far:
Likes:
* Large, earthy, coffee house 1 block from our apartment
* Great hotel 1 block from our place....good for visitors
*Close to downtown
* Great Chinese food across the street
* Fabulous restaurants
* Lake michigan is incredible! More beautiful than I imagined
* Went to Mars Hill on Sunday
* Kinda Ghetto!!
Dislikes:
* Our apartment was dirty when we moved in
* One way streets
* Humidity
*No internet yet
* Rob Bell isnt back until Sept 7th
*Kinda Ghetto.

Love you all!
Cristina

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude...glad you posted an update. The suspense was killing me. :) Hey, thanks for the comment! You'll have to experience the farmer's market here sometime. Truly amazing. And yes, I will probably buy goat cheese next time I go. Miss you too!

jeccaj said...

sounds like you're having fun!

can't wait to see pics;)

Cindy said...

Hey, you missed church on Sunday. We're going to have to send out the visitation committee...We miss you, but are looking for good reports! Love Cindy