Welcome to our very casual, eclectic and rather hit-or-miss updates. We are trying to mostly document the exciting adventures of our lives as natural-minded, educated, broke, living abroad, first-time parents that try our best to follow the way of Jesus. We also know that pretty much the only readers we have, are really just visiting the blog to see pics of their grand baby. So, I'll do my best to keep those updates coming!

- Cristina


Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Preparing to leave

Hey friends, it's been a long time. Sorry--again. Moving here and having all these new experiences every day made for really obvious topics to blog about. But, as soon as we really started settling into the groove with daily routines and 2-year-old rearing, I no longer felt like what I would share was really that interesting. So I just kept putting it off. But, this is not good documentation. And, a lot of cool things really did happen in the last 6 weeks...like having 11 visitors, for instance.

We are now approaching our final days here in Barcelona and though my entire being aches to be with my friends and family again, I just know I am really going to miss this place!

Stay tuned for hopefully a few posts on some of our final adventures as well as a final "what I have learned: Things I should have brought" post.

We are so thankful for many of you that reached out to us while we were here through emails, cards, gifts and visiting us. This experience has been so rich.

Now, let me get home so I can celebrate Christmas with the ones I love!!

Love you guys!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

YAY! I can't wait for you to come home. Let's schedule a play date for our kiddos and their mammas:)

Cristina said...

Yes, Please!!! We will be back for a few days before the holidays but then off to Cali for Christmas and New Year's---so Jan would be really good! Can't wait to see your adorable son!