Welcome to our very casual, eclectic and rather hit-or-miss updates. We are trying to mostly document the exciting adventures of our lives as natural-minded, educated, broke, living abroad, first-time parents that try our best to follow the way of Jesus. We also know that pretty much the only readers we have, are really just visiting the blog to see pics of their grand baby. So, I'll do my best to keep those updates coming!

- Cristina


Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sickness and Nightmares

Hey there. A quick update today. Well we all got sick :( Bummer, as we hadn't gotten sick at all in the last 3 months or so. Wouldn't you know, just as David was flying out for a quick visit to a buddy in Palermo, that we would come down with a bad cold. Amalia was hit the hardest. I gave her a little triaminic when she had trouble sleeping and calling for me every 5 minutes to come and wipe her nose.

Everything seemed fine until she woke up screaming for her life at 4 in the morning. She was screaming about "the scary lady". I don't even want to type out all the details of what she was saying. You guys, it was really disturbing and frightening. This went on for an hour and a half--settled down--then continued off and on for the next several days. She was seeing snakes, scary people, little people--you name it.

I prayed for her, I prayed with her, I tried to make light of what she was seeing and yet she continued to be so traumatized by this dream. I didn't think I'd be dealing with nightmares and being scared until she was at least 4. I feel really bad because a part of me wonders if it had anything to do with the medicine I gave her (1/2 a dose). The other part of me isn't surprised that we would experience this sort of thing especially while David was away. Please keep Amalita in your prayers. she has been sleeping much better since Daddy came home.

Getting pretty excited to have a little bit of a break when my Mom arrives here in the next week.

Love you guys!

2 comments:

mom said...

continuing to pray for all of you, honey. So is like everyone I know!!! (lots of concern for our sweet Mali)! had a fun "fiesta" with you today- I'm still pickin up the feathers from my boa!! This time next week, Mimi will be there- to love on all of you!! gonna be soo fun!!
alwase xo

Elisabeth McNinch said...

It's so awful when our kids get nightmares and we can't make it stop! Glad it's gotten better. Sometimes it seems like just not sleeping well can trigger them. That is young - she must have an active and very visual imagination! Love to little Malia!